BASIC CRAFT TOOLS YOU SHOULD HAVE WHEN MAKING JEWELLERY
When creating unique, well-made pieces of jewellery, it is important to use the right tools. However, with the big amount of jewellery craft tools and supplies available on the market, you may not know which tools to choose. Keep reading to know the must-have tools for any jewellery making beginner and the upgrades you can make you if you decide to take your craft more seriously than now:
Must-Have Jewellery Craft Tools for Beginners
If you are an aspiring jewellery crafter, you must invest in a pair or two of pliers. Jewellery making pliers are classified into the following:
- Round Nose Pliers: These pliers are used to bend wire, make loops, curves, rings, and other shapes. You will need them when making headpins and eyepins.
- Chain Nose Pliers: These are semi-round, with a flat jaw, and a point at the end. You will want to use this kind of pliers when you work in tight, small places and difficult angles. A chain nose plier works as a stable second set of hands which makes it easy to hold the elements, bend and wrap wire, make loops, as well as open and close jump rings.
- Crimping Pliers: You need to have this tool if you are working with crimp beads and stringing beads. It has two notches in the jaws, one of which is meant for crimping while the other for rounding.
- Wire Cutters: You also need to invest in a pair of good wire cutters if you will be working with wire for your jewellery. The tools let you get a clean, precise cut on various kinds of wire you are working with. Craft wire is such a versatile material, but you can cut it with a good working wire cutter. Avoid cutting the wire with a craft scissor or an everyday scissor as you could damage either the jewellery or the scissor.
- Jewellery Adhesive or Glue: Some jewellery designs depend heavily on the use of adhesives and others may benefit from an extra dot of adhesive to keep things together. Having a tube or bottle of all-purpose jewellery glue will benefit you.
Which Jewellery Tools you can Upgrade?
While you collect more of your desired beads and other jewellery tools, keep them organised and together by using jewellery storage and beading organiser. You can use a craft storage box and a small plastic bag for this purpose. This way, you do not need to search for tools or beads every time you need them.